MATH 6627 Practicum in Statistical Consulting/Links and References/UCLA ad
Posted around May 20, 2012:
Apologies for cross-posting.
The UCLA Statistical Consulting Group is seeking to hire a new statistical consultant. Our group is currently staffed by three full-time and two part-time consultants, and we provide statistical consulting the to UCLA research community. To learn more about our group and the services we offer, please visit http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/services.htm .
This will be a full-time staff position. The successful candidate will meet the following requirements:
- Ability to consult with faculty, students, and staff on statistical, methodological and data analytical issues;
- Provide general and advanced statistical and methodological consulting;
- Provide general and advanced data management and analysis consulting;
- Demonstrated detailed knowledge of at least two of the following: SAS, Mplus, or Stata;
- Demonstrated ability to write clear and concise publication-quality documentation on topics in statistical, numerically-intensive and database computing;
- Demonstrated communications skills sufficient to assist and work with others (e.g., campus faculty, staff and students, Office of Information Technology staff and the scientific community) to effectively solve statistical and general computing problems;
- Ability to identify, analyze and solve the most difficult and numerically-intensive statistical, methodological and large database problems, and ability to advise faculty, professional researchers and other Office of Information Technology consultants in the solution of such problems.
For full details, please see https://hr.mycareer.ucla.edu/applicants/jsp/shared/frameset/Frameset.jsp?time=1337805251428 (position number 17384).
Please forward this announcement to interested persons.
Christine Wells, Ph.D. UCLA ATS Statistical Consulting Group