R: R tutorials and courses
Annotated list of R tutorials and courses
See also R: Getting started with R Please feel free to add comments and reorder according to desired salience.
- Introduction to the R Statistical Computing Environment by John Fox
- This tutorial consists of scripts that you copy into R or RStudio and then step through and play with, thus letting your fingers learn the language.
- Fox's extensive contributions to R have transformed it into a strong programming environment for social and psychological research.
- A Gentle Introduction to R by Carrie Smith and Rob Cribbie
- Introduction to R: Video lectures by Google Developers
- Cosma Shalizi's Advanced Data Analysis from an Elementary Point of View
- Roger Peng's Youtube videos on Computing for Data Analysis
- Two-minute R tutorials for beginners
- List of 'free online tutorials
- A Cookbook for R
- Well organized, starts from the basics but doesn't seem to drag.
- UCLA resources for R
- An excellent collection of links to tutorials, short courses, examples, etc. The links at Installing, Customizing, and Updating R are useful for beginners.
- Quick introduction: An Introduction to R Notes on R: A Programming Environment for Data Analysis and Graphics by Venables, Smith and the R Development Core Team
- This is the 'official' introduction to R prepared available on the cran website. Perhaps not the best starting point for many users but an excellent read fairly soon after starting serious use of R.
- Using R for Psychological Research
- Wikiversity: How to use R
- Christopher Green: R Primer
- Thomas Fabbro: Advanced Statistics using R: http://cran.r-project.org/doc/vignettes/asuR/coursenotes.pdf
- Brian S. Everitt and Torsten Hothorn: 'A Handbook of Statistical Analyses Using R' http://cran.r-project.org/doc/vignettes/HSAUR/Ch_simple_inference.pdf
- Introduction to the R Project for Statistical Computing for use at ITC, by D G Rossiter, International Institute for Geo-information Science & Earth Observation Enschede (NL) September 18, 2008
- Programming in R
- Nathan Yau's Getting started with charts in R
- Nathan Yau is the author of "Visualize This".
- Video Introduction to R Programming
R Internet Books
- Advanced R Programming by Hadley Wickam
- Little Book of R for Multivariate Analysis by Avril Coghlan
- Little Book of R for Biomedical Statistics by Avril Coghlan
- Little Book of R for Time Series by Avril Coghlan
- And then there is the aptly named R Inferno by Patrick Burns.
Online resources (blogs, repositories, search engines, etc.)
- R seek A search engine that searches through a collection of R resources. (This is good link to bookmark when using R)
- R Forge: where many packages are hewn
- Contributed packages on CRAN
- A blog post on gentle introductions to R
- Nathan Yau's fantastic data visualization blog. Nathan is the author of Visualize This and works mainly in R.
- Computerworld 60+ R resources to improve your data skills