SCS Reads 2014-2015
The list of books that were nominated for SCS Reads in 2014-15
Except where noted, all meetings are at 1:00PM.
Note that in 2015, we are meeting in York Lanes 283B.
Friday, September 19, 2014
We've decided to discuss the 'mediation' package and the article on it distributed by Michael Friendly. Here's a link to the article and the source for the package.
Friday, October 3, 2014
We will discuss the first two chapters of Frank Harrell's Regression Modeling Strategies which has been distributed to the Seminar list.
Friday, October 17, 2014
GUEST SPEAKER, NOTE DIFFERENT TIME AND LOCATION
Bruno Zumbo from UBC will be giving a talk at 12:30 pm in the Endler Room, 164 BSB.
Friday, October 31, 2014
Co-curricular day, no meeting
Friday, November 7, 2014
We will discuss Chapters 3 and 4 of Harrell
- An example of count data analysis: File:Cormorants.csv Cormorants data; File:Cormorants.R R code for analysis
Friday, November 21, 2014
Note: Different Meeting Location: RDC Meeting Room, York Lanes 283B (enter through 283)
We will discuss Chapter 3 of Harrell on Missing Data.
- Supplemental article on missing data by Schaefer & Graham (2002) is here
- John Fox sent the following two files from his presentation on missing data:
Friday, December 5, 2014
We will discuss Chapter 4 of Harrell.
Friday, January 16, 2015
We will discuss Chapters 5 and 6 of Harrell.
Friday, January 30, 2015
We will discuss Chapter 7 of Harrell.
Friday, February 13, 2015
We will discuss Chapter 8 of Harrell's 1st edition and we expect to be able to distribute copies of his 2nd edition.
- R code for all examples in the book's 2nd edition. Numbers in file names are chapter numbers.
- Looking for a source for the data used in Chapter 8 (1st ed.), I found http://biostat.mc.vanderbilt.edu/wiki/Main/DataSets
Friday, April 17, 2015
We will discuss Chapter 9 of the new edition, on maximum likelihood.