Wiki for statistical consulting
Suggestion: to discuss the structure of the wiki, click on the discussion tab above.
If you would like to have an account on this wiki, please contact Georges Monette .
- Contribute to the list of programs in Data Sciences.
- Sometimes Asked Questions
- It would be a great contribution to compile a list of exemplary subject-matter papers reporting statistical methods, especially modern methods such as longitudinal data analysis, etc.
Statistical Seminars in the Toronto Area
Workshops and Courses
- Mixed Models with R
- SPIDA 2012: Mixed Models with R
- SCS 2012: Mixed Models with R
- SCS 2011: Statistical Analysis and Programming with R
- SCS 2012: A Gentle Introduction to R
- MATH 6627 Practicum in Statistical Consulting
- MATH 6643 Summer 2012 Applications of Mixed Models
- Latent Variable Models (e.g. SEM, CFA, IRT, LCA)
- General Linear Models (e.g. multiple regression, ANOVA)
- Categorical Data Analysis (e.g.contingency tables, chi-square, logistic regression)
- Aggregate Data (e.g. meta-analysis)
Displaying Data and Reporting
- Good papers on graphs:
- Lane, D.M., & Sandor, A. (2009). Designing better graphs by including distributional information and integrating words, numbers, and images. Psychological Methods, 14, 239-257.
- Kastellec, J. P. and Leoni, E. L. (2007) Using Graphs Instead of Tables in Political Science, Perspectives on Politics, 5, 755--771.
- See also the related web site for Kastellec & Leoni, Using Graphs Instead of Tables.
- Model Selection
- Programs in Data Sciences
- Professional Accreditation
- Statistics in the News
Statistical Consulting Support
- Janice Derr on the Qualities of an Effective Statistical Consultant File:Janice Derr on Consulting.pdf
- PSPP: open-source package inspired by SPSS
- How to access software remotely from York's WebFAS system:
Local R packages
Did you know?