SCS 2011: Statistical Analysis and Programming with R
Revision as of 07:23, 16 February 2013 by Georges
- Getting started with R
- Please bring your laptop, PC, Mac or Linux.
- You can try to install R and R Studio before the first meeting of the course. If you have problems, help will be available.
- After installing R and R Studio, open R Studio on your computer and proceed to install a number of add-on packages we will use. Note that the lines beginning with a "#" are comments which R will ignore but which you might like to copy into a file so you will have a reminder when you need to run these lines again.
- Installing local packages
- Participants external to York will be able to connect with the internet through the York wireless network. Temporary accounts and passwords will be distributed at the first meeting of the course.
- If you would like to explore online tutorials, have a look at R:_R_tutorials_and_courses
R Scripts and Notes
Links to R scripts and notes used in the course will be posted here as the course progresses
- Directory: http://www.math.yorku.ca/people/georges/Files/SCS2011_R/
- 3_Language.pdf 3_Language.R
- Data: Duncan.csv
- A Tour of Graphics in R with side trips to object-oriented programming
- See also:
- Simple Data Entry in R with notes on indexing
- Introduction to Programming in R
- Writing packages in R: John Fox, ICPSR, 2010